“80% of Accor North America revenue growth in Business and Leisure segments has been the result of the dynamic rate management designed with Open Pricer.”
Don Kelly, VP of Sales, Pricing, Distribution and Revenue Management at Accor
In the context of a worldwide implementation of a new rate architecture, Accor asked Open Pricer to define the corresponding price levels and formalize a structured pricing process.
Open Pricer has helped Accor to identify and address the challenges that had to be overcome for the success of the implementation of the new rate architecture:
- Initializing the price points for each rate
- Defining the right price differentials between rates
- Defining the right price differentials between room types (for a given rate)
- Setting the rules to manage each rate availability
- Choosing between the usage of fixed price points for each rate (for a given date) and dynamic pricing
In addition, Open Pricer provided Accor with a solid step by step pricing process specific to its organization. The main objective of this process being to define a framework of best practices and guidelines for managing the new rates.
- Substantial revenue growth
- Fairness : same rates available through all sales channel (hotel, call center, Internet, GDS)
- Simplicity : 3 to 5 rates instead of dozens in the past architecture
- Staged value proposition : possible clients trade-offs between price and rate flexibility/constraints
- Better rate visibility for clients
- Easier to “standardize” telesales processes (downsell/upsell)
Operating in nearly 100 countries, Accor is the European leader in hospitality and corporate services. The hospitality division of Accor includes brands Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Mercure, Coralia Club, Ibis, Etap Hotel, Suitehotel, Adagio, Motel 6, All Seasons and Formule 1.