Open Pricer becomes JBoss Enterprise Ready Partner. This relationship will permit to enhance Open Pricer innovative Customer Centric Pricing software by embedding the JBoss rules engine, thus providing robust and easy management of business rules.
This partnership will give Open Pricer the opportunity to utilize the extensive knowledge base built into the Red Hat‘s partner organization for large customer projects and other challenging situations that require Red Hat expertise.
This ensures our customers that the integration of JBoss rules engine with our application will meet Red Hat rigorous testing and certification requirements.
Rules are used in different components of the Open Pricer application including:
- Price policies: definition of price plans, rebates, discount schemes and their respective eligibility conditions;
- Profiling: definition of profiling templates (i.e. the data necessary for processing a quote) and defaulting calculation rules when such data is not available for the quote;
- Price authority rules: definition of the required internal review and validation levels depending on customer and deal facts;
- Deal negotiation envelope and score;
- Alerts: based on contract commitments, customer order or service events;
- Specification of cost drivers and cost calculation/validation/defaulting logic.
These rules handle facts and events defined in Open Pricer repository and updated/calculated on a regular basis, such as customer attributes (industry, location…), deal attributes (purchased products, revenue, period…), context (competitors, market prices…)…
The integration of JBoss Enterprise BRMS 5.2 will give Open Pricer users more:
- Flexibility when defining and executing complex pricing rules based on thousands of facts/events;
- Scalability for increase in the number of rules and facts;
- Agility to implement new business rules (including new pricing schemes) in hours;
- Transparency as it becomes easy for business analysts to ensure that the encoded business rules precisely implement the enterprise policies.
Key advantages of JBoss Enterprise BRMS include:
- Integration of the full Rete-OO algorithm with high performance indexing and optimization;
- A web 2.0 authoring interface based on GWT (Google Web Toolkit) enabling fast and easy rules development, change and management process for administrators or business analysts;
- The Drools Rules Language (DRL) providing support for natural language (domain specific language or DSL);
- Users may define decision tables using Microsoft Excel;
- Complete event model providing execution audit logging for business events tracking and management.
- Multiple versions of all assets (including rules) can be managed with statuses (draft, deployment ready, deployed…)
About Open Pricer
Open Pricer is a leading provider of Price Optimization and Management software for Service industries headquartered in Paris, France.
Its clients are leaders in the Transportation, Logistics, Telecom, Banking, Financial and other services markets where managing customer lifetime value is critical.
Open Pricer patented “Customer Centric Pricing” technology integrates with leading CRM and ERP systems and is available standalone or on-demand.
Lean more: http://www.openpricer.com/
About JBoss Enterprise
JBoss Enterprise is a division of Red Hat, the world’s leading provider of open source solutions and an S&P 500 company, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with more than 70 offices spanning the globe.
Red Hat provides high-quality, affordable technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, together with cloud, virtualization, applications, management, storage and service-oriented architecture (SOA) solutions, including Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and JBoss Enterprise Middleware.
Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide.
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/